Please read these terms and conditions carefully as you must agree to them before commissioning any project. In the unlikely event of a dispute, they will provide clarification for all parties.
Your copywriting brief should specify:
• Exactly what needs to be done;
• Any word limits or other restrictions;
• All relevant information; and
• The timeframe within which the work needs to be completed.
I can work with you to put a brief together so we are both clear on how the project should proceed.
Unless otherwise agreed, the project will be costed and quoted upfront before any work commences.
The price quoted will include:
• All consultation and advice; and
• Up to three drafts of your project.
The price quoted will not include:
• Additional work created by changes to your original brief;
• Revisions requested after the third draft is submitted; or
• Any out-of-pocket expenses.
When you receive your quotation and decide that you want to go ahead, you will need to confirm this in writing. An email is fine.
By returning a written confirmation, you confirm that:
• You are authorised to commission the work, either directly on behalf of another company, or on behalf of a third-party client;
• You have read and understood the terms and conditions laid out on this page;
• You have agreed to the amount you have been quoted; and
• You are happy for me to begin working on the project specified.
I will make every effort to complete your project within the agreed timeframe.
However, on very rare occasions, I may be unable to do so for reasons beyond my control.
Under such circumstances I shall not be liable for any loss or damages caused to you or your client.
The first meeting to discuss a new project is free.
For businesses in Leicestershire this will comprise a face-to-face meeting at your place of work.
For businesses outside Leicestershire, the meeting can be conducted by phone, Skype or FaceTime.
Subsequent meetings will be charged at a flat rate of £60.
I cannot accept liability for ensuring that the necessary rights and permissions to use my work have been granted. This is whether in relation to use of names, people, trademarks, registered or copyright words or phrases.
You must confirm that you own the copyright for any written materials you supply, to be included in, or adapted for use in, your project.
You must accept full responsibility for the authenticity of any research materials and citations you supply.
If your project is, or is likely to be, more than 1,600 words in length, I will require 50% of the total fee quoted to be paid before work commences.
The remainder of your payment will then be due 30 days after you receive your final invoice.
Your invoice will be sent out when you confirm receipt of the third and final draft of your project.
All invoices will be sent via email unless otherwise agreed.
Payment terms are 30 days from the date of the invoice, unless otherwise agreed.
Payments can be made by electronic transfer or cheque.
If your payment is late you may incur a late payment charge, which will be 10% of your outstanding invoice amount.
I take great pride in my work and aim to consistently deliver an exceptional and professional service. However, I accept that there can be misunderstandings in any creative project.
If you are unhappy with the work or service you have received, please tell me, at your earliest convenience, what the issues are and give me the chance to resolve them.
If you decide to cancel your project after you have commissioned it in writing, I reserve the right to charge for the hours I have worked on the project, up to the point of being informed of the cancellation.
If you decide to cancel your project after delivery of the first draft, you will be liable for the total fee, as specified in your written quotation.
If you are sent a draft of the project and fail to respond to this, or any further communications from me over a prolonged period, you will be liable for the total fee, as specified in your written quotation.
These conditions apply whether or not you intend to make use of the materials I have supplied.
I make every effort to ensure that your project is completed on time and to an exceptional standard. However, in the unlikely event that something may go wrong, I have to include an indemnity clause.
You agree to indemnify me against:
• Any claim for compensation, loss compensation ordamages resulting from your use, inability to use or reluctance to use the materials I have supplied;
• Any claim by a third-part client for compensation, loss compensation or damages resulting from the use, inability to use or reluctance to use the materials I have supplied;
• Any claim for loss, compensation or damages arising because the necessary rights, permissions and releases have not been granted;
• Any claim over breach of copyright relating to materials you have supplied to me; and
• Any claim over factual or statistical inaccuracies in materials you have supplied to me.
I retain copyright of any materials I have supplied until the final payment is made in full.
Unless you expressly prohibit it, I reserve the right to use excerpts of your project on my website: jennylucascopywriting.co.uk; and in my personal portfolio.